09 May 2008

Home!

We're all home! Well, we all got home yesterday, but I was too exhausted to even think of saying anything.

Our doctor is pretty sure that Sydney had rotavirus, which causes dehydration. Normally, hospitalization is not required, but because she is so young, we (Charles and I and our doctor) all felt much better about just keeping her in the hospital, rather than multiple trips to the ER daily. Once Sydney stopped vomiting everything she ate and started acting like her usual active self, we were cleared to go home.

Sydney is doing SO much better. She's been into everything again and now crawls around the house saying "hi" or trying to mimic whatever we say. And she's almost back into her regular sleep routine (which we are glad for since we didn't want to have to sleep in her crib with her anymore). I'm just trying to catch up on a weeks worth of housework since everything got put on hold until Sydney was better.

We are thankful for all the prayers and thoughts that were sent our way. We really felt them and they are a big reason that she got better so quickly.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I"m glad you're all better now :)Larry just got a Rotavirus vaccine...did Sydney? If so, I hope that didn't cause her to get sick...I don't know if it's common everywhere...

In any case, I'm glad she's better and will hopefully stay better :) Hang in there Mama Valerie!

Charles said...

Actually Sydney didn't get a Rotavirus vaccine. Interestingly enough, Medicaid doesn't cover a Rotavirus vaccine. I believe it was $280 to get the vaccine here and we just didn't have it. Funny that Medicaid ended up paying for three separate trips to the ER, four doctor's office visits and 3 days in the hospital, because they didn't want to pay for a $280 vaccine!

trevclev0 said...

Well that's good that Sydney is finally doing well. I was a little worried when mom just wrote me the won week and said, "Well, Sydney is not doing too much better still." I was like, "What?! When did she start not doing better?!"

I wanted to call and get all the details first-hand, but I just couldn't get permission, I hope you aren't too mad, Valerie. It sounds like you are doing a good job mommying it up, though...kep it up!

Anonymous said...

We are so happy to hear that Sidney is well and rampaging through the house -- that's nice and normal! I know how rough it is to have a baby in the hospital, Valerie, and I'm so glad it's over.

Take care.
Tammie Kretchman