04 August 2008

Called to Serve

Sunday, Charles and I were released from our calling as Sunday School teachers at the last minute before sacrament meeting started. Apparently, you can't be Elder's Quorum president and teach Sunday School at the same time. Go figure. So, while Charles is dutifully serving the Lord, I am quite free from obligations...at least until we get a call from the bishopric here in a few weeks. (they claim that there is something in the works...that phrase frightens me a bit.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Heh... Jon is Elder's Quorum President too... and I'm the primary chorister... although you've already done that... so I'll be anxiously awaiting what your next assignment is...

sunnysnows said...

Good luck! :) Isaac lost his counselor a couple months ago to be Elder's Quorum president. Seems like they like to put these nice young (okay, maybe they're not quite as young anymore as I still think) guys into these president positions... I'm not one bit upset that I can't hold those callings.