03 September 2008

Smartie

So, tonight as I was getting Sydney ready for bed, I told her that I was going to brush her teeth. She then looked at me and pointed to her teeth. I'm pretty sure that we didn't teach her where her teeth are and since she did it several other times after that I think that she may just know where her teeth are. Well, she may have been signing "food', since she does that a lot anyway, but I'm gonna go with the whole "look at how smart my child is" approach rather than the "my child is constantly wanting food" one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sSo have you never said to Sydney that you were going to brush her teeth.....when you tell her you are going to brush her teeth, do you actually brush her teeth?

She is smart and she is making connections to what to say to her and do to/with her.

Ask her if she can find her hair.
or if you have been wiping her nose every time after you have said let's wipe your nose....I would venture to guess that she might be able to point to her nose if you said where is your nose?

Keep talking to her....smart babies had mommies and daddies who talk to them about everything so they can make connections with the words to what you are doing.