07 October 2009

Sob Story

So, Sunday, I was cooking at my parents' house and Sydney decided she wanted to help me. Long story short, she ended up with second degree burn on her arm. We took her in to see a doctor today to make sure the burn was healing well and not infected. Thankfully, it is. The doctor prescribed a burn cream and then had his nurse dress it back up for me. The second the nurse came toward her, she started crying and screaming "Thank you, thank you!" I guess she thought that thanking her would make her stop. The nurse apparently felt really bad, since she brought Sydney a HANDFUL of stickers to help her feel better.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

You moved like lightening and put Sydney under the cold water...I think that's what kept it from being worse than it could have been. You are a super mom.

Debbie said...

No more "stir-ah, stir ah, stir-ahs" on hot things huh?

John and Karisa said...

Oh poor girl! So sorry to hear about that. Good thing you acted fast to prevent it from getting worse. Glad she's not having any infections or complications.

Unknown said...

So, I just caught up with your catching up with your blog! I bet your mom is in heaven having her grand-daughter close by! Grandparents are awfully good at spoiling, aren't they? If I spend a whole day at my mom's house, the next day is spent un-spoiling Dawna...

Hope baby girl's arm is getting better... Larry recently discovered it's better to wait for noodles to be on a plate than in a pot of bubbling water... I felt pretty bad, but he seemed to be ok...