02 March 2010

The Bunny in the Church

So Sydney went with Valerie to Scouts tonight while I went to my oral argument practice for moot court next week. I came by about half way through Scouts and attempted to entertain Sydney in the church. After a few minutes of walking around we stopped at large mirror in one of the foyers. Sydney was sitting on my shoulders. I asked Sydney what she saw and she said, "A Sydney!" I said, "What else?" She replied, "Papa!". I asked, "What else do you see?". She responded, "A bunny way up top on the ceiling. Oh wait is it coming down now!". Then she pointed down the hallway and said, "It go that way Papa! Faster! Get it! Get it!."

We circled around the whole church with her pointing down hall after hall telling me, "Faster Papa! Get Him!". Finally we ended up at one of the exits. She chanted, "Bunny go outside, Get him Papa!" I told her it was too cold outside and that we were not going to go outside. She looked at me and said, "You are crazy Papa! It is not cold outside it is warm!" I did not follow the imaginary bunny outside, but it was okay because I evidently managed to coax him back inside and give him to Sydney. He jumped back down and we spent a few more minutes catching him inside until Valerie was done.

1 comment:

Greg and Elisha Reese said...

We should start calling Sydney Alice with all this bunny chasing! I love it!