09 October 2011

Apple Dumplings

We had some friends over tonight and I made apple dumplings.  They were delicious and I thought I would post the recipe so other people could find it. It is a Pioneer Woman recipe and it really couldn't be easier.

Apple Dumplings
2 Granny Smith apples
2 cans crescent rolls
2 sticks butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoons vanilla
cinnamon
1 small can Mountain Dew--You can substitute Sprite, but my husband loves me more when I use Mountain Dew.

Peel and core apples. Cut apples into 8 slices each. Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll. Place in a 9 x 13 buttered pan. Melt butter, then add sugar and barely stir. Add vanilla, stir, and pour over apples. Pour Mountain Dew around the edges of the pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Serve with ice cream, and spoon some of the sweet sauces from the pan over the top.



Picture7270

They are divine! Go and make them, your family with thank you!

2 comments:

Kyle and Reesie said...

I remember you making these before, and I just pinned them this morning to my dessert board before looking at your blog! Ha ha! Hope you guys are doing well, I think about you a lot. Miss you guys.

ashley wright said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe val! THey really were so SO yummy; everything you make is !

xoxo