18 September 2010

Apple City Days

Picture11374

We went out as a family to Apple City Days in Nebraska City.  They have a whole festival and it was super fun to go out and see what was out there.

Picture11370

This is the Morton Mansion, better known as Arbor Lodge.  I'm sure you have no clue who J. Sterling Morton is...but you may have heard of Morton Salt or maybe Arbor Day, (which is a fun Nebraska claim-to-fame) but his family is related to all of these.  This is his home, which is huge and gorgeous and a place where I went on a few field trips when I was in school.

Picture11364

My favorite part of the manison...the built in ten pin ally.

Picture11367

Sydney loved the display of little girl toys they had upstairs...maybe a budding historian?

Picture11372

We also went out to Kimmel Orchards and picked some apples.  We love the cider that they sell in the grocery stores here and it was just fun to be out and enjoying nature together.

Picture11376

Picture11383

Picture11377

Look at this gorgeous view!


1 comment:

ChelCB23 said...

I'm major jealous that that sweater fits you. It's definitely motivation to stop eating my Halloween candy.