12 September 2010

Looking for Sunshine

DSC_4641

Ever have one of those days where you just feel...sluggish? (I guess this would be snail-ish) Or off?  Or maybe just like singing "Nobody likes me, everybody hates me?"  Yeah, I had a few of them recently.  The chores at home seem to pile up, the three-year-old has been naughty and talking back, and you just don't have the energy to get ANYTHING done?  Life is just going so fast, yet you seem to be standing still, stuck in the same place?  And, while you know everyone feels like that at some point, you still feel like it's just you?

I feel like that's been the summary of my life the last few months...and I hate it.

Especially since I have been blessed with so much.  I have a beautiful family, with a wonderfully patient husband who holds the priesthood and an amazing daughter who continually delights and surprises me each day.  We have a great apartment with friends close by.  My husband has a job, which helps us get by and gives him a much needed advantage for a job in the future.  We have our faith and the knowledge that our family will be together forever.  And, while the timing may not have been what I wanted, things are looking better for our family than they have for a while.

I have so many things to be grateful for and it's time I remember it and do something about it.  That way, I can turn my life and emotions back  into something that feels like I want it to be.  

DSC_4464

By the way, this isn't an attempt to guilt people into comments...though I do appreciate them

5 comments:

Greg and Elisha Reese said...

I'm glad to know that someone else feels like that! We love you Valerie and are so glad that you are in our family. We just wished that you guys lived closer!

sunnysnows said...

I totally understand. I bet your house has less chorse piled up than mine does, but only because I just really stink at getting around to them. I'm pretty much a total failure at keeping up on everything. You are wonderful! Hope things are looking up.

Those macro pictures are awesome, btw.

Brooklyn said...

Yup, I understand. I'm still trying to figure out what's next in my life, and standing still because it's not figured out yet drives me crazy in some ways. (and this doesn't just refer to the relationship.)

Brooklyn said...

P.S. You are awesome. we should talk more.

Rachel said...

I feel ya. It is worse when you know HOW blessed you are, but still feel yucky. =( Sending good vibes!