08 January 2009

Memories

So, this week Sydney and I (well, mostly me...pretty much all me)have been cleaning out her room...specifically the closet in her room. The first year we lived here, it was our food storage/Christmas decoration/catchall closet. And when we had Sydney, we just closed it up and kept storing stuff in there. When I took down the Christmas tree this year, I decided that I ought to try to clean out that closet a bit, you know, at least try to make it all fit nicely and maybe make room for Sydney's dresser. A large part of what was in there was boxes of papers from when we moved in and when we made room for Sydney. It took me hours to go through them...especially with Sydney "helping".

Another reason it took me hours to go through them was that I kept finding things that would make me laugh or cry (I cry all too easily these days, but that's a post for another day). Things like:
  • The note from the Biology 100 lab I taught with Danielle where our student said that he would marry me if I asked him.
  • Tickets from movies and programs from shows.
  • The note Charles wrote me when I had to crawl through our tiny bathroom window in our first apartment. (Sydney Bristow had met her match, let me tell you.)
  • Old semester schedules (color coded and with Alias viewings scheduled in as well.)
  • Thousands of pages of class notes (an exaggeration, but not by much)
But now, the closet is organized (still no room for the dresser, but we'll get there...maybe when we move) and I can't wait to go through ours to get rid of clothing we don't wear anymore and see what memories we dig up in there.

No comments: